Friday, October 05, 2007
Great! I watched a really excellent DVD this afternoon. “The Promise” starring Angel Locsin and Richard Gutierrez. That was a joke, it was not excellent. I’ll rate it a 5 for a perfect score of ten.
The story started when they adopted Daniel (Richard) he was found at the back of the service truck of Andrea’s (Angel), parents who were farmers. The haciendero’s family also has kids, Anton (TJ) and Monique (Rhian) who will turn out to be their partners, exchange partners. Andrea has a brother, Ryan Eigenmann nung lumaki. So they adopted Daniel but older brother is jealous. Kaya nagagalit si batang Ryan, he threathen to leave if Daniel does not leave. So what happens next? Umalis is Ryan, naglayas, naiwan si Daniel and Andrea. After some scene lumaki na sila. Namatay parents nila from an accident. Ryan returned. Anton and Monique also returned from America, Anton falls for Andrea, Monique falls for Daniel. Anton marries Andrea, nagpakalayo si Daniel and returned after he became rich. So balik ang affair nila Daniel and Andrea, nahuli sila, hanggang sa namatay si Andrea because of hemorrhage kasi nabuntis siya ni Daniel.
Why is it bad, let me count the ways:
1. It was bad at first because the development of the story was too fast the characters were not established yet, from childhood the scene shifted to adult agad. They didn’t take it slow then at the end it would end abruptly. After the transition from childhood to adulthood, kissing scene na. Whoa! Ganun kabilis. Tapos after a while love scene na! bilis ah.
2. Then yung sasakyan nila na old tamaraw yata na 19kopong kopong, buhay pa hanggang lumaki sila.
3. When Andrea woke up in the morning ayos na ayos ang hair niyang straight na kinulot. Eh bagong gising nga eh, nagpaparlor muna bago kumain to think nakagat siya ng aso.
4. Then when they were in the lighthouse, Daniel was marking the floor of the lighthouse, ang galing parang tuwing pupunta siya sa taas ng tower may dala siyang fresh cement para mag mark ng sticks.
5. Si Angel lang yata ang nakita ko na magtutubo na maputi.
6. Ay ang galing kung kelan naging asawa na ni Andrea si Anton, saka naging strait ang hair niya.
7. Ang yaman nila Andrea ang cheap naman ng mga jewelries nya.
8. Basta lang makagawa ng pelikula, gagawa. The story is good, love story eh, it was shown on Valentine’s Day. Ang ganda sana kahit simple lang, kaya lang…
Its not all bad, may good din naman:
1. I like the location shoot, the tower is a romantic place to kiss and make love siguro. I like the effect when they were kissing kasi minsan may ilaw minsan dim.
2. I like Richard’s acting and I like his character, sa kanya lang ako natuwa. Siya lang ang nakakatuwa. Ang guapo pala ni Richard!
3. The story reminds of the Korean movies and drama that I’ve watched. I think it’s good kahit na parang medyo adapted siya. Kahit na simple lang ang movie, kahit papaano may naantig naman na damdamin, konting kilig kung baga.
4. I like the song played when they were kissing “huwag kang bibitiw sabay nating haplusin ang langit”. I wonder kung sino ang kumanta nun?
5. Regine and Ogie’s version of “The Promise”.
Okey, kahit na papaano, natuwa ako, kinilig ng konti, naalala ang old days. Sarap maging-in-love. Parang kami ni Irwin dati. Ahehehe.