Monday, November 12, 2007

Review: The Excelsior Spa - Galleria-ear candling




*******FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL NOT CONVINCED THAT THIS PROCEDURE IS HARMFUL, LET ME REMIND YOU THAT MY EARS WERE BURNED AS CERTIFIED BY THE DOCTOR.I'VE SEEN IT FROM THE EENT'S MONITOR MY EAR LOOKS LIKE A PART OF A BARBECUE..****

Service

We tried the Egyptian Ear Candling Technique that is suppose to relieve people from swimmers ear, fatigue, headache and cold. They claimed it is also helpful in removing hardened ear wax and would help you hear better.

Cost
The Ear candling costs around 700.00 for a 30 minute back massage and 15 minute each ear for the ear candling.

Procedure

After the massage, they will insert a cone candle into your ear, it is around 9-12 inches long, they would then insert a board down the candle near the ear to prevent the candle residue from pouring over your ear. Imagine in a procession, to prevent burning your hand you will put a cardboard right?



This is supposedly what is inside your ear, we did saw these things and "believed" that it is the earwax from our ear.

Advantage
The massage is relaxing, the spa is cozy, it makes you sleepy, the facilities are clean and it has a sauna and bath.

Disadvantage
Caution, the whole procedure literally burned our ear! We have to see a doctor the next day because of a very hurtful ear. I even have to take an antibiotic because I got an infected ear from the burn. I even have to buy two kinds of eardrops, one for the taking out the remnants of the candle to make it loose and one for the infection.

Imagine, I was taking CELEBREX which costs 70 each to take away the pain.



6 comments:

cowes 2008 said...

Aww! Come one on 100,000+ people a year use ear candles alone in the United kingdom!
They can' all be wrong, though I appreciate ear candles are an 'alternative medicine why not find out more about Ear Wax Removal Using Ear Candles

Lisa said...

Sorry you had such a rough experience. Are you sure the infection is from the candeling or was it there to begin with?
I just went for a session myself and it was pretty awesome. I walked out hearing better, feeling lighter (she did some reiki with me after) and I would definetly do it again.

Beibi said...

hi lisa, i have no infection, it really came from the ear candling, I was checked by an EENT doctor and warned me of the procedure.

Anonymous said...

Ear candling is a hoax. If you stick one in your ear and let a second one burn alone, they will have the same contents afterwords.

Beibi said...

true, ear candling is a hoax. I burned my ears and now everytime I try to clean it, it is very painful.

Anonymous said...

I tried it at home last night without issues or whatsoever. It feels great after the procedure..