Wednesday, April 23, 2008

If He Really Knew Me and Think of Me by David Archuleta

I just watched American Idol's theme of Broadway and so I thought of one of my favorite songs from Broadway and this is the first song that comes to my mind.
Other favorites are Phantom of the Opera, Evita, the song "Tell me On a Sunday", and some popular songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber. I love the guy, I'm so happy he is still alive!

If He Really Knew Me
SONIA
If he really knew me
If he really truly knew me
Maybe he would see the other side of me I seldom see

If there were no music
If the melodies stopped playing
Would he be the kind of man
I’d want to see tonight

Does the man make the music
Or does the music make this man
And is he everything I thought he’d be

If he really knew me
If he’d take the time to understand
Maybe he could find me
The part I left behind me
Maybe he’d remind me
Of who I am

VERNON
If there were no music
If my melodies stopped plain’
Would I be the kind of man she’d want to se tonight
What the hell
It’s just a dinner
If this doesn’t work, that’s it
And can I really be so hungry for a hit

If she really knew me
If she’d take the time to understand
Maybe she could find me
The part I left behind me
Maybe she’d remind me
Of who I am




Speaking of American Idol here is David's rendition of Think of Me from musical "The Phantom of the Opera." I like the way he tries to sing it differently to match his style, voice and pitch. Think of Me has a high pitch and voice and he was able to give a fresh sound to the song.

No comments: