I got this recipe from Yahoo Food and wanted to try this one out. One of my favorite food is Buffalo Wings, we use to order it at Outback Steakhouse, they also have it at OJ's in Libis, they have it Pizza Hut, each has their own version my favorite though is Wings from Twister at Eastwood Cinema but it is now gone and can't find it anywhere else. They have this sweet and spicy taste that I can't find in any Buffalo Wings.
The ingredients of this recipe looks like it will taste like the one's in Twisters and the procedure looks very easy.
1. 14 scallions, coarsely chopped
2. 14 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3. 3/4 cup chopped, peeled fresh ginger
4. 10 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
5. 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
6. 3/4 cup light brown sugar
7. 6 tablespoons soy sauce
8. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
9. 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
10. 2 teaspoons kosher salt
11. 1 cup pineapple juice
12. 14 pounds chicken wings
1. In a food processor, blend the scallions with the garlic, ginger, anchovies and crushed red pepper. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, oil, black pepper and salt; blend. Add the pineapple juice.
2. Make small slashes on the meaty parts of the chicken wings. Spread the wings in 2 very large roasting pans and pour the marinade on top. Rub the marinade into the wings. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before roasting.
3. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Arrange the wings in a single layer on large, oiled, rimmed baking sheets; pour any remaining marinade on top. Roast the wings on as many shelves as possible, rotating the pans, for 1 hour, or until the wings are deeply browned and crisp. Serve piping hot.
Yield: 12 servings