Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where to go in Dumaguete: Silliman University



This is the famous Silliman Hall in Silliman University in Dumaguete City. We went there August 12 to August 15 to attend the Psychological Association of the Philippines National Convention. It is good to see psychologist gathered and convene with it's theme “Character Strengths of the Filipino: A Positive Response to Current Challenges.”

It is my first time to attend an event like this, I was excited to see my old teachers and famous personality in Philippine Psychology like Dr. Lourdes "Honey" Carandang, Regina Hechanova, Allan Bernardo and others.

Attending the convention inspires me to do relative researches in psychology just like their presentations. I always keep in mind my daughter, Kiara, that I want to make a better place for her when she grows up. Psychologist has a role in country building and I would really want to make a positive change in our country.

The influence of the recent death of Cory Aquino was manifested in the convention, since the theme was more on values and strength, she was depicted as a person with character and really an inspiration. A true leader.

Going there made me a little broke, hehehe, because of too much Silvanas and Sans Rivals which is a delicacy in the city. I will miss the sweets and the gentleness of the people.

I might come back and bring back a loadful of silvanas..

No comments: