Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Noynoy For President

I watched the morning news on Noynoy's decision to run for Presidency. I was watching their reactions and it seems that they really are united in their support for Noynoy's candidacy. It feels good to see our leaders agreeing in something that they believed in. Noynoy looked liked a reluctant leader, he seems to be a shadow of Cory, Ninoy and Kris.

For me he seemed indifferent to what was happening during his mother's wake and the entire necrological service. He was crossed arm and in Psychology this behavior is a defensive mode. Maybe he was protecting himself from the pain of loosing his mother, or maybe that is just a front to show that he is brave and unaffected. He was not emotional. I never see him emotional. Though I never really know the man, I believe that the blood of Ninoy and Cory runs through his vein and there was no opportunity for him to show what Noynoy really has to offer. That's what's missing the opportunity for him to grow and self-actualize his potential.

Maybe there really was no challenge for him in the Senate, as I've said he was reluctant. but maybe his candidacy for president is his opportunity to prove his worth as a descendant of Ninoy and Cory.

He may look weak and indifferent, he was someone who wants to stay in the background and was being pressured into running. But I know that every human has a capacity for growth and to reach his or her potential.

I believe in him and want to support him in his candidacy. I was moved to tears when I was watching the live coverage. Yes, the Filipino can. I as a mother just wanted a country where my child can move freely and safely. Where Kiara will be secure and not harmed. Where the people who serve our country take into consideration the welfare of the people.

Then I thought again, maybe Noynoy was coƱio and he will support only those he know and his relatives know. Then I thought again, that was very far from the Cory and Ninoy that I know.

Anyway, I want to give him a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Election in the Philippines is like marrying a woman, you never knew you were marrying the entire clan! You may find some of these clan living with you later for the most part of your life.

More or less it’s the same clan that Cory imposed on our nation. At the end of the term, Jueteng will still proliferate, corruption in sports, business and politics and the balm to appease us: they restored democracy taken by Gloria.