Monday, January 14, 2008

My Friend's Two year Old Kid has Myasthenia Gravis



This is Audrey and she will be turning 2 this January 16, we have the same birthday, we both are taking steroids. We are both fat. She has Myasthenia Gravis and I have Auto-immune problem.

Myasthenia Gravis is a condition affecting the neuromuscular system which causes weakness of facial and neck muscles. Before she was taking steroids her eyes were drooping. It lacks muscle control. According to her mom, her condition is manifested in 40 year old adult and not on babies. Whew! What happened? Unfortunately, the test required are not available here in the Philippines yet.

2 comments:

Vina P said...

Advance happy birthday Agnes and Audrey! May you both have more birthdays to come! :-) I'll be praying for your health.

Beibi said...

thanks Vina! That cheered me up, I'm feeling a little down these days... too tired.