Thursday, April 03, 2008

Looking for a Kakampi




I guess wishing for a baby boy can be common for first time mothers. Siyempre, I want to justify my desire to have a baby boy and I was able to find a new mother who shares the same sentiment as me. Salma's baby is a girl just like me and a thousand others. I share her sentiments that yes a woman's life can be difficult. Read on..


Salma Hayek: 'I Was Born to Have This Girl'

By Caris Davis and Kristin Boehm

Originally posted Wednesday March 05, 2008 12:30 PM EST

Salma Hayek: 'I Was Born to Have This Girl' | Salma Hayek
In a new interview, Salma Hayek confesses she suffered from diabetes during her pregnancy and that she was hoping for a son – but now she's loving being a mom to her five-month-old daughter, Valentina Paloma Pinault.
I guess wishing for a baby boy can be common for first time mothers. Siyempre, I want to justify my desire to have a baby boy and I was able to find a new mother who shares the same sentiment as me.

"I feel I was born to have this girl," she tells the April issue of Glamour magazine.

Pregnancy for the 41-year-old, first-time mom was a humbling experience. "I had diabetes while I was pregnant. I became huge. And I said, 'This is what it takes for me to have this baby, and I really want it.' Then you don't know if it's going to be healthy; you are completely out of control," she says. "So the experience really makes you humble."

Hayek's businessman fiancé, François Henri Pinault, 45, has two children from a previous marriage, and the actress confesses, "I wanted a boy."

How come? "Probably because I was afraid," she tells the magazine. "I think women suffer a bit more than boys, and there is always conflict between mothers and daughters."

"Now that she's here, I'm so happy she's a girl," Hayek says of Valentina. "And I can't imagine there ever being conflict between us, because I'm in a state of innocence where I love everything she does."

She concludes: "I just feel so fortunate to be her mother, and it makes me excited about the rest of my life, because I will get to witness her transformation every day."

1 comment:

Alma said...

Iba iba talaga tayong mga parents. For our first child, I wanted a baby girl, but we were blessed with a baby boy. Now, I'm preggy with our second, and it's a girl..i'm so happy. But one thing is for sure, we mothers will wish for any gender as long as we'll have a healthy and normal one.

Be safe :)